Registration and contract changes


As a new ALICE member*, you can be either registered as  USER (present at CERN) or  as "EXPERIMENT EXTERNAL" (PART) if you are not coming to CERN but need to work remotely from your institute.

Both status allow you to get a CERN computing account.

We advise each new member who will have to come to CERN to have a look at the CERN guide for newcomers.


*Other status (MPE:STAFF/FELL or MPA: PJAS, DOCT, TECH etc...) are not managed by the secretariat but we can provide you with information concerning contract change or direct you to the right department.