The team Leader is responsible to initiate the pre-registration of his/her new member via the PRT which was introduced to ease further the registration at CERN and to help minimizing delays for the "newcomers" that could occur due to incomplete documents when registering and in being granted access to the site and to computing resources.
PRT cannot be used for a change of status or change of institute.
1) Once the registration at the Users Office is done, go to bldg 55 to get your CERN access card (7:30-17:30 non-stop).
2) Contact Service-Desk@cern.ch or by phone +41 22 767 7777 (77777 from a CERN phone) to get your login and temporary password for the CERN computer accounts if you not already have them.
4) Follow the computing security course to validate your accounts.
5) Present yourself at the ALICE Secretariat (301-R-029)
6) Follow the general safety courses (levels 1&2, 3 and 4 if necessary).