IN THE CONTEXT OF CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC, NO VISITS ARE POSSIBLE FOR THE TIME BEING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, HOWEVER YOU CAN VISIT ALICE VIRTUALLY!
Virtual visits of ALICE are possible for remote audiences, standalone or in combination with local events. To book a virtual visit, contact the ALICE outreach team at the e-mail address: alice-outreach-virtual-visits (Contact for the ALICE VIRTUAL VISITS facility)
A videoconferencing setup is needed; the connection is done via zoom.
ALICE being an international collaboration with members from 39 countries, we can offer virtual visits in many languages, depending on the availability of guides on site. It is recommended to schedule a test some days before the virtual visit, in order to test the connection, resolve technical issues and agree on the contents.
A possible scenario for the virtual visit can be found at this link.
You want to visit ALICE? Please find hereunder the step-by-step guideline to register for a private visit:
Please note that the organizer must be registered at CERN, and have a CERN Account. Should you are not a CERN member, we invite you to directly take contact with the ALICE secretariat.
A link to the guides search tool is available here
ALICE exhibition/underground visits
- The organizer must be registered at CERN, and have a CERN Account.
- The organizer must check that the visits calendar allows a suitable visit programme which does not interfere with standard visits.
- Only qualified guides are permitted to use the exhibition remote control and to guide groups in the ALICE underground. It is up to the organizer to find an available guide. To do so, an email can be sent to the following adress : email@example.com
- The organizer submits a request for an ALICE private visit specifying he/she wants to visit ALICE only. The request will come through to the ALICE Secretariat to organize. You will receive a confirmation email, once the visit has been approved.
- In the request, the contact person is the organizer of the visit and he/she will receive the information regarding the accesses to ALICE P2.
- All the participants must bring and wear a valid and visible badge. If they are not in possession of one, the contact person will be asked to inform the names, first names, date/place/country of birth, nationality, through My Guided Tour platform.
- The organizer will also have to pick up and remit the visitor badges to the visitors, should they need one. The badges will be available at the reception, building 33.
- Should the organizer is a guide, he/she has to fill in the IMPACT.
- For underground visits only: after completing the visit, the organizer must attach the form with the dose information, duly signed by each of the visitors, and close the IMPACT.
- The full procedure can be found here and more detailed information on how to submit the IMPACT request can be found here.
ALICE open visits
You do not know anyone in ALICE and at CERN? You cannot access the calendar? You cannot submit a private visit request because your access is denied? You are alone, or accompanied with only a handful of people?
Please join the ALICE Open Visits, organised every Monday from 16h30 to 17h30. We take care of registering the slot, creating the safety form (Impact) and the visitors badges request. Should you be interested, please contact us directly at the ALICE secretariat, we will send you the relevant information to make your visit feasible.
For operational reasons your visit may be moved in time, or, in an extreme case, cancelled on a short notice.
New: For surface/exhibition visits only, the IMPACT is needed only for groups above 40 visitors.
Visits on Sundays are possible, but you must be aware that NO assistance is provided in the exhibition in case of technical problem. Moreover, the collection of the visitor badges can be done either on Saturdays from 8.30 to 17.00, or to the guards outside the opening hours of the CERN reception. In any cases, you must inform the visits service when you will be able to pick them up.
FOR BIG GROUPS WHO GO TO THE RESTAURANT 1, THEY MUST HAVE LUNCH EITHER BEFORE 11h30 am or after 1pm